Description: This module plugs directly into the USB port of your PC. Then use the free software to record up to 300 seconds of .wav and/or .mp3 files to this module. Comes with a speaker and a line out for an additional amplifier or external speakers.
- Up to 300 seconds of re-recordable voice message (4.7K sample rate)
- Includes 6 different playback settings including repeat and continuous playback.
- Use USB type-A male connector for direct plug into the USB port of PC
- Easy to transfer software for WAV or MP3 audio files.
- Range of 4K - 20K sample rate.
- 300 seconds of non-volatile recordable IC.
- Operating Voltage 3 to 5 VDC
- Operating Current < 50 mA
- Standby Current < 5 uA
- 4 Push switches (5" wires) for playback/stop of messages
- Possible to store multiple messages on each button. Will sequentially cycle through the messages on that button with each activation
- 40mm 0.25W 16 ohm metal housing mylar speaker (included)
- 3.5mm (1/8") mono audio output
- An unused USB port on a computer
- Windows 11, 10, 8, or 7 compatible Click here for alternative modules that work with Apple Mac
- 3 x AAA Batteries (Not included)
- Can also be powered using the USB port instead of using batteries. USB wall charger
- Main Board:
- Excluding USB connector: 55mm x 30mm
- Including USB & line-out connectors: 72mm x 30mm
- Speaker: 40mm (diameter)
This unit will directly plug into the USB port of your computer. A USB cable is NOT required. However, if you do want to plug the unit into an extension USB cable first, you can order our A-male to A-female USB extension cable product number:
After you have added your sound files in the PM66Q program make sure to save your settings first by clicking on the "Save file" button, and THEN click the "PM66" button to program your module. (this is different from the previous version hardware where you could program the module directly without saving the configuration file first (see step 9 & 10 here)
NOTE: When using the software for the USB5M, be sure to select "DAC for Ext. AMP" under the Voice Output tab before you program the board. Failing to do so, will make the sound distorted during playback on the module.
In Windows 7 the PM66/PM66Q software must be run as administrator by right-clicking on the PM66 icon and then click to "Run as administrator"
If your sound file needs to be edited whether to change the sample rate or convert it from .wav to .mp3 or vice versa .mp3 to .wav. Check out this free software GoldWave
Watch the video demonstration of software:
Documentation and Downloads
- Common Questions and Answers
- USB5M Datasheet
- USB5M Software Manual
- Software PM66QWriterV1.06_2017.11.10_setup.zip (or here is the un-zipped .exe) (Windows 11 or earlier)
- PM66Q Quick Start Guide
- Legacy software (PM66) for PREVIOUS VERSION of hardware sold till end of 2017, is still available from the Retired Product Page
- Click here for our USB5M troubleshooting guide