Description: Ring in the summer with this beautiful electronic cicada soldering kit.
The cicada consists out of three PCBs to mimic the shape of this popular insect as best as possible. The body is mat black and the two wings are shiny yellow with golden tracks. To finish off the design, you can use the included components to add legs to the cicada. This way, it will have a real-life look!
So how does it work? There's an onboard phototransistor that makes the buzzer sound when it's dark while an orange LED flickers along. You'll have everybody fooled!
The bug is powered by a 9 V battery (not incl.) which will last about 30 hours when constantly in use.
- produces the typical cicada sound when dark
- on/off switch
- orange LED that flashes to the sound
- 3 PCBs:
- mat black main body
- 2 shiny yellow wings
- dimensions: 140 x 110 mm (feet incl.)
- power supply: 9 V battery (not incl.)
- current consumption: 6.5 mA
- battery life: about 30 hours (when constantly in use)
- sound level: about 70 dB at 1-meter distance
Documentation and Downloads