Description: This module plugs directly into the USB port of your PC. Then use the free software to record up to 300 seconds of .wav and/or .mp3 files to this module over 5 segments. Comes with a speaker and a line out for an additional amplifier or external speakers.
Playback can be triggered by any of the following: pressing one of 4 push buttons; motion picked up by the PIR sensor, and/or change in light level via the Photocell light sensor.
- 300 seconds of re-recordable voice message over 5 segments. (4.7K sample rate)
- Supports up to 4 switches and 2 sensors simultaneously
- 40mm metal housing mylar speaker
- 3.5mm (1/8") mono-audio output
- Supports multi-section sound
- 1 x PIR with connector included
- Use USB type-A male connector for direct plug into the USB port of PC.
- Ideal for transferring custom messages for different applications.
- Adjustable sensitivity for the PIR sensor. Adjust sensitivity via the onboard trim potentiometer. Clockwise for more sensitivity. Anti-clockwise for less sensitivity.
- PIR Range: 9 - 13 feet.
- Record sound files from PC with the provided software
Mainboard - Excluding USB connector: 65mm x 35mm
- Including USB connector & slide switch : 86mm x 35mm
Speaker: 40mm (diameter)
- Operating Current: 120mA
- Playtime: 200 times (with alkaline batteries)
- Standby Current: 200uA (with motion sensor or PIR sensor)
- Standby Current: 35uA (no sensors attached)
- LED: LED playing indicator
- Battery Type: External AAA x 3 battery holder
- Operating voltage 3 to 5 V DC
- An unused USB port on the computer
- Windows 7, 8, 10 and 11 Compatible Click here for alternative modules that work with Apple Mac
- 3 x AAA Batteries (Not included)
After you have added your sound files in the PM66Q program make sure to save your settings first by clicking on the "Save file" button, and THEN click the "PM66" button to program your module. (this is different from the previous version hardware where you could program the module directly without saving the configuration file first. (see step 9 &10 here)
NOTE: When using the software for the USB6M, be sure to select "DAC for Ext.AMP" under the Voice Output tab before you program the board. Failing to do so, will make the sound distorted during playback on the module.
In Windows 7 the PM66/PM66Q software must be run as administrator by right-clicking on the PM66 icon and then click to "Run as administrator"
If your sound file needs to be edited whether to change to length or convert it from .wav to .mp3 or vice versa .mp3 to .wav. Please check out this free software that we use GoldWav
Watch the video demonstration of software:
Documentation and Downloads
- Common Questions and Answers
- RE200B PIR Datasheet
- USB6M+PIR Software manual
- USB6M+PIR Datasheet
- Software PM66QWriterV1.06_2017.11.10_setup.zip (or here is the un-zipped .exe)(Windows 10 or earlier) (If download link doesn't work with Chrome try different browser)
- PM66Q Quick Start Guide
- Legacy software (PM66) for PREVIOUS VERSION of hardware, is still available from the Retired Product Page
- Click here for our USB6M+PIR troubleshooting guide