Modbus I/O Module 8-28 VDC Powered
Buy 10, Get 5% Off!
Buy 100, Get 10% Off!
Description: The KTA-224 is a Modbus Slave IO module for interfacing to any PLC or PC using the Modbus protocol. It behaves as a Modbus Slave and Relays, Inputs and Outputs are controlled by writing to and reading from the Coils and Holding Registers. It can be used for many applications such as controlling lights and sprinkler systems, reading sensors and monitoring switches and other digital signals, or even for industrial control. The module can connect to a standard RS485 2-wire half duplex network or to a computer via USB. When connected via USB, the module acts as a USB to RS485 converter and multiple IO units (or other Modbus devices) can be connected to the RS485 bus. USB drivers are available for Windows, Mac and Linux. The user can save a set of output statuses to be loaded when the unit is powered up or reset. A watchdog timer can be configured to reset the unit after a user-definable number of seconds since the last communication from a Modbus master.
- 8 Relay outputs (5 A, 250 VAC contacts)
- 4 Opto-Isolated Inputs with counters
- 3 Analog Inputs (10 bit) jumper-selectable for 0 to 5 V or 0 to 20 mA
- 4 Input Counters
- RS-485 or USB (virtual serial port)
- Can be used as a USB to RS-485 converter
- Watchdog Timer resets the unit when communication from the network master is lost
- Connections via Pluggable Screw Terminals
- 1200 to 38400 Baud Modbus Slave Device
- Power Supply Vs and COM:
- KTA-224: 8 to 28 VDC (12 V Nominal) ~200 mA + External 5 V drain
- KTB-224: Now Discontinued
- Analog Input ANx:
- 0-5V: ~500kΩ effective resistance with no jumper installed
- 0-20mA: ~250Ω effective resistance with jumper installed
- Opto-Isolated Input: 0 to 30 V, ~1 kΩ effective resistance
- Relay Outputs: SPDT relays rated to 5 A (resistive). 250 VAC / 30 VDC
- 5 V Auxiliary Supply 5 V: 200 mA
- -20°C to 70°C operating temperature
Once the user has seen at least one product this snippet will be visible.