PIR Motion Activated Audio Playback Module (Record Message with Line-in or Microphone)
Buy 10, Get 5% Off!
Buy 100, Get 10% Off!
30-day money-back guarantee
Free Shipping in the U.S. on Orders over $50
Buy now and choose from several shipping methods
- High quality audio recorder.
- line-in or microphone recording selection with sliding switch.
- 60 cm audio cable (3.5mm male to male connectors) included for line-in recording. (one per shipment included)
- Uses PIR motion sensor to trigger audio playback, detection range up to 4 meters.
- 4MB built in flash memory that can store up to 4 minutes of recording.
- Easy to operate, make recording with the recording key.
- Adjustable volume with a volume wheel.
- Great performance and low power consumption.
- DC 4.5V power input (3 x AA or 3 x AAA batteries preferable).
- Main PCB size: 45mmx45mm
Power on the module (note that the module itself has no power switch), and wait about 10 seconds for initialization.
Choose the recording mode using the sliding switch (the upper end is for line-in recording while the low end is for microphone recording).
When you choose line-in recording, please follow the steps below.
Before line-in recording, you need to connect it to your cell phone or computer via a 3.5mm audio cable.
Prepare the audio message on your cell phone or computer. Open the music app and select the audio message you are going to record into the device.
Make sure the volume wheel on the board is turned up. (Turn clockwise for more volume).
Short press the recording key and you will hear a “beep” that means the recording has started, then play the audio message from your device.
When the audio message ends or you stop it, short press the recording key on the device and now you will hear the “beep” twice which means the recording is done.
When the PIR sensor detects movement, the module will play back the recording. And every time you power it on the module, it will always play back this recording if you don’t record a new one.
Note: Please adjust the sound volume as loud as possible on the app to ensure the recording on the device will have a loud sound volume.
- When you choose microphone recording, please follow the steps below:
- Set the sliding switch to Microphone recording
- Make sure the volume wheel on the board is turned up. (Turn clockwise for more volume).
- Short press the recording key and you will hear a “beep”, get as close as possible to the microphone and speak into.
- When you are finished recording your message, short press the recording key again and you will hear the “beep” twice. The recording is done.
- When the PIR sensor detects movement, the module will play back the recording. And every time you power it on the module, it will always play back this recording if you don’t record a new one.
Note: No matter which recording mode you choose, the new recording will always replace the earlier recording.