A monitoring relay designed to monitor the integrity of a 4-20 mA signal rather than control a process, applications include safeguarding a system against potentially faulty transmitters or transducers where the output could on fault rise above 20 mA or fall below 4 mA but not reaching zero. Available in either a din rail or 8 & 11 pin plug in housing with a SPCO output (SPNO in the din rail version). The output relay will be energized when the monitored signal is between 4 & 20 mA. The output relay will de-energise after an adjustable time delay up to 60 seconds if the monitored signal should fall below 3.5 mA or rise above 20.5 mA. There is a fixed hysteresis of 0.5 mA therefore if the monitored signal falls back within the 4-20 mA band the output relay will re-energise. If the auxiliary supply to the relay is lost at any time the output relay if energised will de-energise immediately.
We carry a selection of the full range of options listed in the datasheet. Non-stocked configurations may be available but may be subject to minimum order quantities or different pricing. Contact Us for more information.
- Power supply: Isolated 24 VDC
- Power Consumption: 3 VA max
- Nominal supply tolerance: ±15%
- Hysteresis: Fixed 0.5mA
- Repeat accuracy: ±2% at constant ambient
- Input Range: 4 to 20 mA adjustable
- Output contacts: SPCO 8 A @250 VAC
- Max breaking capacity: SPCO 2000 VA
- Mechanical life: 30 Million ops
- Electrical life: 200K ops at max rated load
- Manufacturer's P/N: YRTP
Documentation and Downloads