Description: The KTA-324 is a Modbus Slave I/O module for interfacing to any PLC or PC using the Modbus (RTU and TCP/IP) protocol. It behaves as a Modbus Slave and Relays, Inputs and Outputs are controlled by writing to and reading from the Coils and Holding Registers. It can be used for many applications such as controlling lights and sprinkler systems, reading sensors and monitoring switches and other digital signals, or even for industrial control.
The module can connect to a standard RS-485 2-wire half duplex network, to a computer via USB, or over the Internet using Ethernet. When connected via USB, the module acts as a USB to RS-485 converter and multiple IO units (or other Modbus devices) can be connected to the RS-485 bus. USB drivers are available for Windows, Mac and Linux.
The user can save a set of output statuses to be loaded when the unit is powered up or reset. A watchdog timer can be configured to reset the unit after a user-definable number of seconds since the last communication from a Modbus master.
- 8 Relay outputs (5 A, 250 VAC contacts)
- DIN rail mountable
- 4 Bi-Directional Opto-Isolated Inputs with counters
- 3 Analog Inputs (10 bit) jumper-selectable for 0 to 5 V or 0 to 20 mA
- 4 Input Counters
- Modbus comms over RS-485, USB (virtual serial port), or Ethernet
- Webpage to view and alter I/O and set up device
- Can be used as a USB to RS-485 converter
- Watchdog Timer resets the unit when communication from the network master is lost
Power Supply V+ and COM:
8 to 32V DC
~3.1W + External 5V drain
0-5V: ~500kΩ effective resistance with no jumper installed
0-20mA: ~250Ω effective resistance with jumper installed
0 to 30 V, bi-directional
~1 kΩ effective resistance
≤ 2.5V DC activation threshold
SPDT relays rated to 5 A (resistive). 250 VAC / 30 VDC
5 V Auxiliary S