Description: The KTA-259v4 Thermocouple Multiplexer Shield is designed to easily allow multiple high temperature readings with an Arduino control board. With the new version there are multiple advantages over the old KTA-259, namely, wider temperature range including below 0°C, higher accuracy, higher resolution and ability to use more thermocouple types (dependent on model). Screw terminals are provided for thermocouple connections as thermocouple wires can not be soldered.
Note: The v3 shield does not ship with Arduino headers, check the related products for suitable options. The board accepts both standard headers and R3 headers.
- Automotive – Engine, Exhaust and Brake temperatures are higher than most temperature sensors can handle, but within the range of Thermocouples.
- Ovens, Furnaces and Kilns – At temperatures where other temperature sensors will not operate.
- Freezer or Cryogenic monitoring – Where temperatures are well below 0°C.
- Chemical Processes – Where corrosive chemicals may damage probes or reach high temperatures thermocouples are more readily available for such processes.
- Multi-Zone Temperature Monitoring, Data Acquisition or Logging Systems– With cheap readily available thermocouples.
 This is the range of temperatures that a thermocouple of this type can measure, the Measured Temperature Range is the actual range the KTA-259 can digitize.
 KTA-259 and KTB-259 are discontinued and are included for reference only.
Documentation and Downloads