Description: The Ocean Controls Parallel Port Breakout Board for CNC is a parallel (printer) port hardware interface designed for providing Stepper Motor control signals, and incorporates 2 relays for switching devices on and off.
The main circuitry consists of two buffer IC's which boost the weak parallel port signals to a level high enough to drive Stepper Motor Driver Circuits which use Opto-Couplers.
With the safety charge pump option, the board also includes a microcontroller which monitors the CNC software and turns off the relays and output signals when the charge pump signal from the CNC software is lost.
The Breakout Board provides 9 buffered output signals to control up to 4 Stepper Motor Drivers, 5 digital inputs designed for use as limit switch or e-stop inputs, 2 Relay Outputs to control spindles, coolant or vacuums, and a spare output connected directly to the port (available only when the charge pump option is disable).
- Power Supply: 12V to 24VDC
- Current Consumption: <100mA
- Output: a regulated 5VDC output is available
- 3 Extra IO for further Expansion
- 4 Axis CNC Breakout Board
- Step, Direction and Limit Switch Connections for Each Axis
- 2 Relays with indicator LED’s for Spindle, Coolant or Vacuum Control
- Charge Pump Safety Option
- Operating Temperature: -20 to 70°C
- Dimensions: 85Wx88Lx25H (mm)
Documentation and Downloads