Tsunami Super WAV Trigger
Buy 10, Get 5% Off!
Buy 100, Get 10% Off!
Description: The Tsunami Super WAV Trigger is the next evolutionary step beyond the original WAV Trigger.
Based on a new generation ARM Cortex m7, the Tsunami extends polyphony to 32 mono or 18 stereo simultaneous uncompressed 44.1kHz, 16-bit tracks. Each track can start, pause, resume, loop and stop independently, and can have it’s own volume setting, allowing you to create the perfect interactive mix of music, dialog and sound effects. The Tsunami also supports true seamless looping over an arbitrary track length.
The big news is that the Tsunami has 8 audio output channels, arranged as either 8 mono or 4 stereo pairs. Alternate versions of firmware support either mono and stereo architecture – you choose. The mono version adds a new “Synced Set” trigger function that can start up to 8 mono tracks on adjacent outputs. These tracks will start and stay in sample-sync for playing stereo or even 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound content with a single trigger. Any track can be dynamically routed to any output. And each output provides independent real-time volume and sample-rate conversion (pitch bend.)
Each Tsunami Super WAV Trigger has a dedicated MIDI port with an integrated opto-isolator, making it easy to connect to any MIDI controller. Tsunami’s MIDI implementation includes control of volume, pitch bend, attack and release times, and the ability to route any MIDI key to any of the output channels, as well as specifying single-shot or looping playback per key.
Note: It is very important to know that this is a 3.3V device, and its inputs – including triggers and serial RX – are not 5V tolerant!
Note: The Tsunami was developed in collaboration with Robertsonics. A portion of each sale goes back to them for product support and continued development.
- Supports up to 4096 uncompressed 16-bit, 44.1kHz mono or stereo WAV files – CD quality
- Polyphonic – Play and mix 32 mono or 18 stereo tracks independently and simultaneously
- 8 audio output channels, can be arranged as 4 stereo outputs. Route any track to any output
- Outputs provide independent real-time playback rate control and MIDI Pitch Bend
- Seamless looping over arbitrary track length
- Trigger-to-sound delay: 8 msecs typ, 12 msecs max
- Pause and resume individual or groups of tracks
- Multiple random trigger ranges
- 16 trigger inputs are individually selectable for contact closure or 3.3Vcontrol
- Trigger inputs can be individually inverted (active low or high)
- Trigger inputs can be individually set to be edge, latched or level sensitive
- Output volumes adjustable from +10dB to -70dB
- Firmware track fades (attacks & decays)
- A dedicated “Play” status digital output pin
- Extensive serial control. Pin compatible with SparkFun FTDI Basic 3.3V
- MIDI Velocity-sensitive triggering of up to 4096 tracks, adjustable attack and release times
Documentation and Downloads