Particle Electron 3G Kit (Americas/Aus)
Buy 10, Get 5% Off!
Buy 100, Get 10% Off!
Description: The Electron is a tiny development kit for creating 3G cellular-connected electronics projects and products. It comes with a Particle SIM card (Nano 4FF) and an affordable data plan for low-bandwidth applications. Plus, it’s available to more than 100 countries worldwide, and includes three months of Particle’s 1MB monthly data plan for IoT devices!
The Electron Kit also comes with Particle’s development tools and cloud platform for managing and interacting with your new connected hardware. The Electron can be powered via the VIN (3.9V–12VDC) pin, the USB Micro B connector or a LiPo battery (included).
The Electron is a GSM-only device, and does not support CDMA networks. Since this Electron operates at 850/1900 MHz, it is only available for customers in the Americas and Australia. If you live in Europe, Asia or Africa, we recommend the Electron that operates at 900/1,800 MHz. Continent compatibility is simplified, and exceptions exist.
- U-blox SARA-U260 (3G) cellular module
- STM32F205RGT6 120MHz ARM Cortex M3 microcontroller
- 1MB flash, 128KB RAM
- BQ24195 power management unit and battery charger
- MAX17043 fuel gauge
- RGB status LED
- 30 mixed-signal GPIO and advanced peripherals
- Open source design
- Real-Time Operation System (RTOS)
- FCC, CE and IC certified
- Particle’s 1MB monthly data plan:
- 3 months included with kit
- $2.99/month for 1MB (thousands of messages)
- No contracts; cancel any time
- $0.99/each additional MB
- 3 months of Particle’s 1MB monthly data plan (delivered by email)
- Particle Electron Board
- Particle SIM Card
- Li-Po battery (2,000mAh)
- Taoglas Cellular Antenna
- USB cable
- Pinout reference card
- Components for a sample product
Documentation and Downloads