Closeout Item. Low Price. Replacement available KTA-391
Description: The KTA-291 is a Modbus GPS receiver. Extremely accurate time, position, and velocity data is made available for any Modbus Master (PLC, RTU, SCADA system, etc) to interrogate.
The gateway acts as a Modbus slave over RS-485. All data is available as Modbus holding registers. Two open collector outputs are provided; one gives a pulsed output to synchronise the clock with external equipment, the other indicates a GPS position fix. A status LED is also provided to show GPS lock. Modbus comms settings can be altered via RS-485. A PC application is provided as a free download for this purpose. Shorting the reset terminal to ground returns the comms to default.
Note: the lower label on the sticker depicts the "closer" terminal. For example, V+ is the terminal closer to the sticker, GND is the neighboring terminal further behind.
Magnetic mount active antenna included (GPS-00464).
- UTC Date
- Time accurate to 60 nanoseconds
- Latitude and Longitude accurate to 2.5 metres
- Course over ground (direction)
- Number of satellites in use
- Accuracy of returned data
- Provide accurate timestamps to a SCADA system for logging
- Synchronise logging operations across timezones
- Location mapping and geotagging
- Altitude readouts for weather observations
- Precise speed readouts for vehicular sports/activities
- Direction data for orienteering or navigation