Johnny-Five Inventor's Kit
Buy 10, Get 5% Off!
Buy 100, Get 10% Off!
Johnny-Five is an Open Source Robotics and IoT platform based on the IO-Plugin protocol. Released by Bocoup in 2012, Johnny-Five is maintained by a community of passionate software developers and hardware engineers. Over 75 developers have made contributions towards building a robust, extensible and composable ecosystem.
The on-line Experiment Guide for the J5IK (that will be released when the kit starts shipping) contains step by step instructions of how to connect each circuit with the included parts. Full example code is provided and explained and even includes troubleshooting tips if something goes wrong.
The kit does not require any soldering and is recommended for anyone comfortable learning new programming languages or if you are looking for an alternative to the original SparkFun Inventor’s Kit.
- Experiment 1: Blink
- Experiment 2: Multiple LEDs
- Experiment 3: Reading a Sensor - Potentiometer
- Experiment 4: Reading a Button
- Experiment 5: Reading a Switch
- Experiment 6: Reading a Light Sensor
- Experiment 7: Fading an LED
- Experiment 8: Controlling an RGB LED
- Experiment 9: Using an H-Bridge - Motor Control
- Experiment 10: I2C Sensor with BMP180
- Experiment 11: Moisture Sensor
- Experiment 12: LCD Screen
- Experiment 13: Shift Register + LEDs
- Experiment 14: Shift Register + Seven Segment
- Tessel 2
- White Breadboard
- Carrying Case
- SparkFun Motor Driver
- SparkFun Soil Moisture Sensor (With Screw Terminals)
- SparkFun BME280 Breakout (With Headers)
- 16x2 Character LCD - White on Black (With Headers)
- 7 Segment Display
- Hobby Gearmotor (Pair)
- Shift Register
- Magnetic Door Switch Set
- Mini Photocell
- Switch (SPDT)
- Red, Blue, Yellow, and Green Tactile Buttons
- Red, Blue, Yellow, and Green LEDs
- RGB LED
- Trimpot - 10K
- Jumper Wires - M/M 6"
- USB microB Cable - 6 Foot
- Wall Charger - 5V USB (1A)
- 10K Ohm Resistors
- 100 Ohm Resistors
Documentation and Downloads