Qwiic Distance Sensor - RFD77402
Buy 10, Get 5% Off!
Buy 100, Get 10% Off!
Description: The Qwiic Distance Sensor uses the new RFD77402 Time of Flight sensor. This sensor is special in that it uses an infrared VCSEL or vertical-cavity surface-emitting laser to measure the amount of time it takes to bounce off a target. This allows low-cost millimeter readings up to 2 meters!
The VCSEL is a class 1 laser product so it is safe for almost all applications. The sensor doesn’t emit visible light but most cell phones can see it!
We’ve written an RFD77402 Arduino library available for download through the integrated Arduino library manager.
- Operating Voltage: 3.3V
- Current: 7mA average at 10Hz
- Measurement range: ~50mm to 2,000mm
- Precision: +/-10%
- Light source: VCSEL 850nm light source
- Field of view: 55°
- Field of illumination: 23°
- Max read rate: 10Hz (in practice we’ve seen nearly 20Hz)
- Dual Qwiic connectors for fast connection and optional daisy-chaining
- I2C Interface up to 1MHz
- On-board 4.7k pull up resistors (removable via jumper)