Also available with Headers. Click to buy it with headers
(You are buying the N - MAX31855N version of this shield)
Description: The KTA-259v4 Thermocouple Multiplexer Shield is designed to easily allow multiple high temperature readings with an Arduino control board.
Screw terminals are provided for thermocouple connections as thermocouple wires can not be soldered.
Note: The board ships as pictured, without Arduino headers. You can use standard brea-away headers, or the stackable headers. The board accepts both standard headers and R3 headers.
- Automotive – Engine, Exhaust and Brake temperatures are higher than most temperature sensors can handle, but within the range of Thermocouples.
- Ovens, Furnaces and Kilns – At temperatures where other temperature sensors will not operate.
- Chemical Processes – Where corrosive chemicals may damage probes or reach high temperatures thermocouples are more readily available for such processes.
- Multi-Zone Temperature Monitoring, Data Acquisition or Logging Systems– With cheap readily available thermocouples.
- Add up to 8 Thermocouples to an Arduino
- Cold Junction Compensated Output
- K, J, N, S, T, E or R Type thermocouples supported dependent on model
- 0.1” (2.54mm) Pitch Screw Terminals for Thermocouple connection
- 14-bit 0.25°C Resolution
- Nominal ±2°C accuracy
- Based on MAX31855 Cold-Junction Compensated Thermocouple-to-Digital Converter and ADG608 Multiplexer IC
- 13 x 8 Prototyping Area with Analog and Power pins
- Chip Select Pin Jumper Selectable means multi SPI shield compatibility
- Combine with SD card shield for powerful Temperature Logging
- Powered from 3.3V Arduino Pin, 5V compatible
|SKU / Part Number||Thermocouple Type||IC||MAX31855 Temperature Range||Thermocouple Maximum Temperature Range |
|KTA-259K||K||MAX31855K||-200 to 1350 °C||-270 to 1372 °C|
|KTA-259J||J||MAX31855J||-40 to 750 °C||-210 to 1200 °C|
|KTA-259N||N||MAX31855N||-200 to 1300 °C||-270 to 1300 °C|
|KTA-259S||S||MAX31855S||+50 to 1600 °C||+50 to 1768 °C|
|KTA-259T||T||MAX31855T||-250 to 400 °C||-270 to 400 °C|
|KTA-259E||E||MAX31855E||-40 to 900 °C||-270 to 1000 °C|
|KTA-259R||R||MAX31855R||-50 to 1770 °C||-50 to 1768 °C|
Note 1: The MAX31855 datasheet specifies ±2 °C for all thermocouple types within the range -20 to 85 °C, not including thermocouple non-linearity or CJC temperature measurement uncertainty. This also doesn't include the effect of the MUX or the KTA-259 board layout.
Note 2: This is the range of temperatures that a thermocouple of this type can measure, the Measured Temperature Range is the actual range the MAX31855 can digitise.